Although the cosmetics industry is very competitive with a lot of brands such as MAC, Maybelline, Lancome, L’oreal Paris, Estee Lauder, and Bobbi Brown, there are still a large number of businesses wanting to join this highly potential market. As a result, the demand for developing a cosmetics eCommerce website has experienced a continuous and strong increase in recent years. If you also want to start selling cosmetics online, this article will help you with several essential steps to create the website, the foundation of your e-business. Let’s figure out now:
Step 1: Choosing a proper eCommerce platform for your online cosmetics store
When it comes to an eCommerce platform, there are a variety of options for you to choose from such as Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Magento, 3dCart, Prestashop, Wix, and osCommerce. However, depending on the scale of your cosmetics eCommerce website, your expectations, as well as your budget you can select the most suitable one for your business.
Step 2: Looking for a trusted web design company that is an expert in your selected platform
Choosing the right eCommerce web design company is a decisive factor for your online business success.
After realizing which platform would be a perfect match for your cosmetics shop, you can narrow down the searching scope to the website development agencies who have strong experience with that platform.
Step 3: Specifying all of the requirements for your cosmetics website design and development
Once you figure out who will be your partner for your cosmetic website design and development cooperation, it’s time to discuss your project requirements in detail.
In general, you have to clarify some requirements related to:
- Website design: You have to decide whether to create a unique design from scratch or apply a ready-made beauty and cosmetics theme, whether the web agency will provide the logo and banners or not, and so on.
- Website functionality: Is there any special feature that you want to have on your cosmetics eCommerce website? If yes, be clear about it when discussing it with your agency so they can help you find proper solutions.
- Website payment: It’s necessary to choose the payment gateway for your website from the beginning so the agency can find possible ways to integrate it into your store.
- Website shipping: Besides payment, you must take shipping, including shipping methods, shipping carriers, and how to calculate shipping costs, into your consideration.
- Website hosting: While many agencies can offer both web design development services and hosting services, others can only give you suggestions. That’s why you should ask them about the hosting issue during the discussion.
- Estimated time for website development: After understanding all your requirements, the web development company is responsible to prepare a detailed proposal with an estimated time and cost for implementing your project.
Step 4: Negotiating the web development cost with the agency
If the offered price from the website design and development company is in the range of your budget, you can move on quickly with the contract and project schedule.
Step 5: Starting the development process & launching your cosmetics eCommerce website
In most cases, the web design company must send you a specific project timeline before starting the development process. Owing to that, you can easily keep track of milestones and control the working progress of the developers.
The process of building a cosmetics eCommerce store can be quite complicated for the store owners. That’s why you should find a good partner – a professional website design and development company to give you the best advice and directions.
With over 6-years of experience in beauty and cosmetic store development, we at EMedstore will be able to develop an amazing cosmetic app and store that meets all of your requirements and exceeds your expectations.