A dull and monotonous long customer waiting for queues to get their medicines, and finding out the medicines in the drawer; this is the image one would imagine possibly 10 years ago while visiting a pharmacy store.
However, in recent times, the situation has definitely changed and most of this credit goes to the mobile development industry for presenting the booming healthcare apps. We can put it like the healthcare apps have been the indispensable forerunner for transcending and switching the condition of the medical and healthcare industry.
But, before we look into the key reasons why healthcare apps have returned to a need, let’s have a glance at some of the significant stats and facts. As per Statista, the healthcare sector will become one of the top revenue contributors and it is expected to reach a figure of $58.8 billion in 2020 from $25.39 in 2017.
The report by Research 2 Guidance demonstrates that there are 3,25,000 healthcare apps available worldwide and Android is driving the way forward in the mHealth platform. However, another survey from Accenture Consultants points out that the download in number of healthcare app has multiplied in recent years.
- HealthCare Apps are Blessing in Far Remote Areas
- The present era is of the internet and with Smartphones reaching every nook and corner, people living in rustic and far-flung areas can likewise hope to get the best medicines. The on-demand apps encourage online pharmacy owners to develop a platform that can allow patients to book and purchase medicines online without heading out to the hospital.
- In addition, they can likewise put information about significant healthcare tips every once in a while through push notifications.
- Blessing in Disguise for the Pharmacy owners
- Gone the days when you need to go to the hospital and ask the doctor to prescribe you medicine or purchase medicines from their physical store only. The most recent mobile applications make everything simpler and develop an app that can schedule a quick appointment with a doctor, search a specialist who has hands-on experience in treating the issues and viewing the medical reports directly online, and providing access of same to the doctor, purchase medicines and various other products.
- What’s more, pharmacy store owners can likewise have a feature where patients can always upload their medicine orders and check the medicine online straightforwardly. They can likewise allow the user to remind of medication from time to time.
- The Internet of Things Collaborating with Healthcare Apps
- The Internet of Things or IoT is the buzzword today and this cutting-edge technology has properly collaborated with the healthcare and medical apps to deliver out-of-the-box results. As per the prediction, the IoT healthcare market is soaring and will reach about $136.8 billion by 2021.
- There is no doubt that IoT is going to streamline the whole process. This driving innovation has simplified the task of healthcare experts. Being the owner of an online pharmacy solution, you can put all the medicine-related data on a user’s smart gadgets and increase your chances of growing your business by getting maximum orders.
- Boon for Pharmacists
- In the first instance, the healthcare apps have turned into a boon for pharmacists, and doctors. The apps help to update pharmacists about their online payments and transactions.
- According to the Stat reported, 93% of pharmacists trust that online pharmacy apps are capable of acquiring improvement in managing orders and inventory online while 80% of pharmacists use technology to keep track of their store’s online transactions.
- Indeed even the medicine order of the doctors has moved toward becoming digitalized, which means it very well may be uploaded on your application. It causes pharmacists to see all medicine order reports through the application backend makes it simpler to take quick and apt choices in inventory decisions.
- Easy Payment of Bills
- Paying the medical expenses wasn’t that simple before the advent of healthcare apps. You don’t need to go and ask your customers for the payment. Through an Online Pharmacy app Development, you can integrate a very secure payment gateway enabling users to pay the amount immediately.
- In fact, you can likewise get the payment timely and show a payment plan appropriately in an app or website. In case, your customers forget to make the payment, you can send a notification as a reminder to do the necessary.
- Pharmacists can also give other payment alternatives such as paying through debit or credit cards or utilizing internet banking besides the mobile wallet application.
- Seamless data flow
- The healthcare system is an unpredictable network. There is a continuous data flow between the pharmacy and the customers Alongside this, you can fetch your data for accounting purposes. Thus, the healthcare data network should acclimate with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). This demonstrates the rules of sharing medical information amongst institutions.
- Mobile technology is making this unpredictable ecosystem move information more productively. Data can move through the network quicker with phones and tablets filling in as end-points.
No doubt mobile technology is changing our day-to-day schedules. What’s more, it is changing the manner in which we heal. The advantages of mobile devices in healthcare are discussed above to give you an appreciation of the conceivable outcomes here. However, the risks ought not to be ignored.
Developing them without proper standards can lead to unsafe service and breach of patient privacy. Healthcare service providers should thus implement a strategy that will keep the quality of service high while keeping the pharmacy and customer data secure. With a robust mobile strategy, healthcare providers can take advantage of the appropriate and real-time information which helps them to improve end-to-end healthcare processes.
EMedstore a leading healthcare IT Solution provider is offering an award-winning online healthcare solution that will help doctors, pharmacists to grow their customer base with more than 30% extra and allow them to reach their customers with new and seamless solutions.
Get in touch with our healthcare IT experts if you’re planning to start your own online pharmacy business, or want to develop an online pharmacy website or pharmacy mobile application. Simply drop us a line at [email protected] or call us at +91 973 771 2429 directly.